Please find below the steps you need to go through after arrival to Hungary!
STEP 1 – Arrival
- The police at the point of entry (at the airport) will register your personal data and the place of quarantine (in Budapest).
!!! Please make sure you give a valid address, as the police will check up on you daily there.
- Your will undergo a health screening, which means that your temperature will be measured, and you might be requested to fill out a COVID-19 questionnaire.
- Please note that as of 1 September NO SARS-CoV-2 tests results brought from abroad is accepted.
- All students will be quarantined for 14 days.
- As obliged to quarantine, you will receive a red notice that you must stick to your door.
STEP 2 – Compulsory data recording
As soon as you arrive to Hungary, please contact the relevant Regional Bureau of Public Health in case you have quarantine obligation. You will receive a document from the police at the airport upon your arrival, after taking your data. This document shall be sent to the relevant Regional Bureau of Public Health via e-mail.
You can find the list of Regional Bureaus here:
List of Regional Bureaus of Public Health,
Please choose the one responsible in the certain disctrict where you live.
Eg. if you will spend the quarantine in Belvárosi Albérletház, which is located in District V, Budapest, you have to contact the District V Regional Bureau: email@example.com
3000 HUF RBPH procedure fee is to be transferred to the following bank account:
Beneficiary: Magyar Államkincstár eljárási illeték bevételi számla
IBAN: HU56 10032000 01012107 00000000
Please do not forget to write your FULL name (as in passport) in the comment field, otherwise they will not be able to identify your payment.
- According to the information you provide on the form, the Regional Bureau of Public Health will issue you a combined decree that allows you to leave quarantine twice for testing purposes. Please make sure all the information is correct and valid!
- Please wait until you receive this decision via email.
If you choose not to be tested, but to stay in quarantine, you will receive only one decree after data recording. In the e-mail coming from Regional Bureau of Public Health you will also be notified about the exact period of your quarantine.
STEP 3 – TESTING
PCR tests are recommended to be done at the following test center:
Medical Center, H-1027 Budapest, Henger utca 2/B
Opening hours: Mon-Thu: 8-20 | Fri: 8-14
- NO appointment booking is required
- wearing a mask is compulsory
- the result will be sent to you within 24 hours (except in case the test was performed after 2 pm, in which case the result will reach you within 48 hours)
- fee of the test: 36000 HUF
- bring your ID/passport with you
Note that you are NOT allowed to use public transport for reaching the test center!!!
STEP 4 – Result
- You must send your negative results directly to the Regional Bureau of Public Health.
- In case your result is positive, the positive virus infection will be reported to the National Public Health Centre, and you will need to stay in quarantine. In this case you will be contacted by your GP and by the Regional Bureau of Public Health.
In case you need medical help during quarantine, or you have symptoms, please call your GP:
Szent Kristóf Szakrendelő Nonprofit Kft.
Address of the Medical Center:
1117 Budapest, Fehérvári út 12.
STEP 5 – Waiting for final decision
- After receiving the second negative result, the Regional Bureau of Public Health will issue the last decision that you are exempted from quarantine and you are allowed to leave quarantine after that.
STEP 6 – Leaving quarantine
Please wait until the final decision arrives to your email address by the Regional Bureau of Public Health!
You are free to leave quarantine after that.
Rules and obligations during quarantine
Please note that you stay in quarantine until you are exempted, so please read the obligations carefully, and make sure you act accordingly.
- You cannot leave your apartment (not even for garbage disposal)
- You are not allowed to have visitors
- Quarantine ends at midnight on its last day, you may leave it the day after
- You are obliged to place the red sign received at the airport on your apartment door and remove it at the end of your quarantine.
- If you share your apartment with others, they have no quarantine obligations (only in case they arrived with you and/or were also placed in quarantine by the police)
- If you share your apartment with others, you are obliged to stay in a separate room and use common rooms (kitchen, bathroom) at different times as them. You must disinfect commonly used objects (i.e.: door handle, phone, keyboard, toilet seat)
- The person in quarantine must use separate tools (cutlery, plates, towels, bedsheets, clothing)
- In case you show any symptoms, you are obliged to notify your GP
- You will be checked on daily by the police OR
- You may download the „Házikarantén” app on your phone for remote monitoring (GPS location tracking, taking selfies upon request randomly and sending them in to the police, multiple times a day)
- Those who leave their place of quarantine despite the ban and those who are not present at check-ins will be fined (from 5,000 up to 500,000 HUF)
It is our definite request that all students respect COVID-19 regulations and restrictions of BMCS as the violation of these regulations may have serious consequences regarding your studies, and will result in the termination of your student status!
We hope to see you soon in Budapest!
Please check your e-mail account regularly as we will keep you updated regarding the current situation. Make sure you check your spam folder as well, thank you!
If you have any question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org!