In order to know whether you need a visa to enter Hungary or not please check the list here.
It is highly recommended to contact the Embassy of Hungary accredited to your country before the intended departure in order to get a confirmation.
Application for Entry Visa
International Students of Countries that need a visa to enter Hungary seeking to join studies in Hungary are required to apply for entry visa & residence permit (exceeding 90 days) in their home countries and enter the country on the entry visa issued by the Hungarian Embassy or Consulate.
In case a visa is needed for you to come to Hungary the BMC SCHOOL will send you the Hungarian visa supporting letter after receiving the whole amount of the tuition fee.
THE BMC SCHOOL WILL CERTIFY THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR VISA SUPPORTING LETTER:
The rest of the documents (visa application form, notarized bank statement, payment of the visa fee, etc.) are to be collected by you.
As soon as the whole application package is available you have to ask for an appointment at the closest Hungarian Embassy for the visa interview, where your biometric data will be collected as well.
More information about the visa process:
The visa will entitle you to a residence permit in Budapest, for which you can apply upon registration to the BMC SCHOOL.
REGISTERED INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CAN APPLY FOR RESIDENCE PERMIT.
Checklists – documents needed
There are different documents you need to submit depending on which country you are coming from.
Students who have arrived with visa – you have to apply for the residence permit within 30 days upon arrival!
- Passport photo
- Address registration form signed by the owner
- A form called “Adatlap a tartózkodási engedély kiadásához” – fill it in before you go to the Immigration Office, do not stick your photo on
Non-EEA citizen students who do not need visa:
You are required to submit your application for long stay to the Immigration Office within 90 days after your arrival.
- if you have a Hungarian bank account: statements for the last 6 months,
- if you receive support in cash via money transfer: all currency exchange statements,
- if you have access to a foreign bank account owned by you or a family member: summarized history of debits and credits (the last 6 month),
- if you have a scholarship: certificate of scholarship
For more information, please check the official website of the Immigration and Asylum Office: Residence permit for the purpose of study.
EEA citizen students
(citizens of the European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein)
Citizens of the above states are not required to obtain a residence visa in order to enter Hungary for the purpose of studies. They will, however, be required to register their stay with the Immigration office not later than 93 days following their entry in to Hungary.
- scholarship / student loan certificate
- bank account statement
- money exchange / ATM receipts
- if you receive support in cash via money transfer: all currency exchange statements
For more information, please check the official website of the Immigration and Asylum Office: Registration certificate for EEA nationals.
Budapest, Szegedi út 37, 1135 Hungary
Monday: 8:30 am to 1:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am to 12:00
Thursday: 8:30 am to 1:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am to 12:00